- school age
: the period of life during which a child is considered mentally and physically fit to attend school and is commonly required to do so by law
* * *—school-age, adj.1. the age set by law for children to start school attendance.2. the period of school attendance required by law.[1735-45]
* * *school age nounThe age at which children attend school• • •Main Entry: ↑school
* * *school age UK US noun [uncountable]the age when children must go to school
children of school ageThesaurus: childhood and adolescencehyponymDerived Word: school-age
* * *school age,1. the age at which a child begins to go to school.2. the years during which going to school is compulsory or customary.
* * *n. the age range of children normally attending schoolDerivatives:school-age or school-aged adj.
* * *noun [noncount]: the age when a child is allowed to go to a school
children of school ageschool-age adj, always used before a noun
* * *the age or period when a child normally attends school
children of school age
Useful english dictionary. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
school-age — schoolˈ age adjective • • • Main Entry: ↑school * * * school age adjective Thesaurus: words used to describe childrenhyponym Main entry: school age * * * school age adj … Useful english dictionary
school age — n [U] the age at which a child is old enough to go to school ▪ children below school age >school age adj ▪ a school age child … Dictionary of contemporary English
school age — school ,age noun uncount the age when children must go to school: children of school age ╾ school ,age adjective … Usage of the words and phrases in modern English
school age — n. 1. the age at which a child may or must begin to attend school 2. the years during which attendance at school is required or customary school age adj … English World dictionary
school age — school′ age n. edu the age set by law for children to start school attendance • Etymology: 1735–45 school′ age , adj … From formal English to slang
school age — school age, adj. 1. the age set by law for children to start school attendance. 2. the period of school attendance required by law. [1735 45] * * * … Universalium
school age — N UNCOUNT: oft prep N When a child reaches school age, he or she is old enough to go to school. Most of them have young children below school age. ADJ: usu ADJ n School age is also an adjective. ...families with school age children … English dictionary
school age — UK / US noun [uncountable] the age when children must go to school children of school age Derived word: school age adjective … English dictionary
school-age — adjective An age of a person when attending lower level schools is customary. The period in a persons life when one is legally required to attend school. Hes no school age child; hes in college now … Wiktionary
school age — n. age at which a child is thought old enough to go to school; age when a child is required to go to school according to the law … English contemporary dictionary